- Out of 182 SoCal patients who claimed to be spider bite victims, only 3.8% were actually bitten by spiders
- 85.7% of the 182 patients turned out to just have infections
- Bedbugs, fleas, irritating plants, and allergies are also frequent culprits behind mistaken spider bites
- Out of about 40,000 known spider species, only about a dozen are known to be dangerous
- Benign spiders are frequently mistaken for black widows and brown recluses, and even the genuine individuals are not prone to biting
- Overall, spiders are helpful creatures that should not be regarded as threats. Think of them as little friends who can give 4 times the hugs!