Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Lotus Land!

Hey everyone!

Hope you guys are studying hard for finals!  I finally had the time to go through my Lotus Land pictures, and I love them.  I thought I’d post some of them here to let you guys reminisce about that awesome trip (and to show those of you who weren’t able to make it some of the cool plants we saw).  I don’t know about everyone else, but I had a blooming’ good time! (no? no one? okay)

At Lotus Land, I was extremely intrigued by the Monstera deliciosa.  Here's a picture to jog your memory!

Bruce had mentioned that the reason for the odd holes in the leaves was so that the plants could be exposed to as much sunlight as possible, since they natively grow in rainforests.  It’s also called the swiss cheese plant (for obvious reasons).  The young plants don’t have holes in their leaves, but the mature ones do.  If you guys want to see the Monstera deliciosa in real life again because it’s so cool, there is actually a set of them outside of Physical Sciences South!  They line the steps and I had been wondering what they were for the longest time.  

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the pictures of the cool plants!  (If you guys want to see more pictures, let me know.  I have a whole bunch more)


-Anshika 

















No comments: