Monday, June 2, 2014

Fun in the Local Channel!

This weekend, Jessica and I went Scuba diving at Anacapa Island and had the privilege of spotting what we think was a swell shark in the kelp. In an effort to confirm that what we saw was indeed a swell shark, I took to the Internet and somehow stumbled upon this video. Despite the fact that it was an accident, I'm very glad I found it (warning: video has some graphic content):
Yes, that's three great white sharks and several blue sharks feeding on a dead minke whale! All this excitement happened right off our coast, in the Santa Barbara Channel! I find it extremely exciting to hear about cool things happening in my backyard, so I figured I'd share this as a little encouragement for dead week! Devour those finals like those sharks devoured that whale! You can do it!

Read the original article here.

And, if you're interested in learning more about great white and/or blue sharks here are some great articles to start your discoveries!
Great white
Blue 

No comments: