Sunday, February 10, 2013

On the topic of moss...


I actually attempted to do my own moss art two years ago for my biology class in high school, but unfortunately it didn't turn out very well. Here's a moss paint recipe that looks promising. Perhaps someone else would like to give it a go!
Moss graffiti, also called eco-graffiti or green graffiti, replaces spray paint, paint-markers or other such toxic chemicals and paints with a paintbrush and a moss "paint" that can grow on its own. As people become more eco-friendly and environmentally aware, the idea of making living, breathing graffiti has become a more green and creative outlet for graffiti artists. It can also be considered another form of guerrilla gardening.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Who says scientists can't be creative, too? I like the concept of moss art and using it to make green paints.

John Latto said...

Interesting. Reminds me of reverse gaffiti such as the mural in the Bay Area shown here:
http://youtu.be/5lX-2sP0JFw

Kelly Noah said...

Wow! I had no idea that was going on in the bay. What a fantastic art project.