Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Correction

The part of my brain responsible for storing the details of TV shows seems to be deteriorating. In some ways this is good because it means I can watch shows again and enjoy them without remembering what happens but it's also frustrating at times when trying to recall something.

The House episode I was trying to recall in class was actually an episode of Grey's Anatomy (series 5 episode 9) where Joshua Malina (Will Bailey in The West Wing) quite memorably says 'No poo for you' when fighting with this partner  about whether to, err, 'donate' a faecal sample.

I'm glad I cleared that up. You kids don't know how lucky you are to have an internet that will, ultimately, answer any question, no matter how few facts you remember.

If you want to read more about this technique then the Wikipedia article is a good starting point: Fecal (faecal) microbiota transplantation (FMT) also known as a stool transplant. And if I'd gone there in the first place I could have found this:
The procedure was performed in an episode of Grey's Anatomy - In the Midnight Hour, season 5, episode 8 where a woman receives a "poop transplant" from her husband.

No comments: