- Biology, chemistry and physics of the open ocean
- Biology, physiology and biochemistry of reef building corals and reef ecosystems
- Aspects of the molecular biology of marine organisms
- Environmental chemistry of Bermuda's atmosphere and inshore waters
- Effects and consequences of global environmental change
Initial selection begins May 30 which is the unofficial deadline for applications. Students who have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and will still be undergraduates in the fall of 2010 are eligible to apply.