Friday, March 12, 2010

Travels

Okay, I'm going to take a break from daily postings for a while - although I may still post the odd item. I'll be back and posting daily again next quarter. Oh, and I will add a post tomorrow or so about some of the questions on the multiple choice test I handed out.

Final question, what good non-fiction books have you read outside of biology lately? I'm a little late to the party but I just picked up a copy of last year's UCSB Reads book 'The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy.' It's really interesting and is helping explain a lot about the global economy to me - even if I am reading it a year after everyone else. Post any suggestions you have for other good non-biology books in the comments.

Good luck with your finals and have a fun, and safe, Spring Break.

1 comment:

Whitney Warren said...

A book I'm reading that is not biology but still in the realm of science is "The Black Hole War" by Leonard Susskind. It details the intellectual battle between Susskind and Steven Hawking about the nature of black holes, while learning a little quantum and other contemporary physics along the way.

I'm also really enjoying the "Sandman" graphic novel series by Niel Gaiman.

Another great book that I think everyone would enjoy is "Tortilla Flat" by John Steinbeck.